HAWBOLDT INDUSTRIES is Canada’s leader in marine cranes, winches, and specialized lifting equipment. We support customers worldwide in the Ocean Science, Defense, Workboat, and Offshore Industries.
We design it. We build it.
Canadian owned, entrepreneurial, globally-recognized, and located in Chester, Nova Scotia. We want people who are hands-on and excited to make an impact on the company, and the industry.
We are looking for Mechanical Technicians.
BY JOINING OUR TEAM AS A MECHANICAL TECHNICIAN YOU WILL
- Gain experience in a medium sized company; a company who successfully competes with the large, multi-national corporations
- Enhance your skills welding through your involvement in fabricating a variety of custom engineered marine equipment
- Get valuable work experience and exposure to sales, engineering and manufacturing
- Witness and be hands-on with design/build/testing of our equipment
- Be entitled to a competitive wage, benefits, and pension plan
- Start overtime pay after 40 hours
This position is responsible for assembling custom tension stringing, construction, mining, oil & gas, and marine equipment; following the project from initial assembly to testing. The position summary is to be used as a guideline only and will not incorporate all functions of the job.
- Read job specifications, interpret and work from engineering drawings to assemble custom heavy equipment including winching systems
- Perform DC wiring systems (12 – 24V)
- All variations and sizes of hydraulic systems (closed and open loop), including systems from 2GPM to 200+ GPM
- Utilize large cranes, lift trucks, etc. to transfer and manufacture equipment
- Participate in static and dynamic testing of finished equipment
ATTRIBUTES WE SEEK
- Previous experience in assembling hydraulic and mechanical systems is essential
- Knowledgeable in DC based electrical systems and ability to do overall diagnostics on equipment would be an asset
- Licensed Mechanic License and/or equivalent experience
- Hands on troubleshooting, repair, adjustment, overhaul, and maintenance of heavy equipment
- Truck and trailer experience would be an asset
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Experience in troubleshooting and problem solving
- Possess clear written and verbal communication skills
- Work in a co-operative group atmosphere
Please email resumes to email@example.com
We look forward to hearing from you!